To avoid the ingrown hairs, which occur when the hair grows and penetrates back into the skin, it is necessary to take some precautions, especially with the hair and with the skin, such as:
- Use hot or cold wax for hair removal, since this method plucks the hair by the root, decreasing the likelihood of jamming;
- Avoid the use of depilatory creams, because it does not remove hair by the root;
- Be careful not to hurt the skin if you choose to use the blade for shaving, as this facilitates the entry of bacteria, and results in a jam;
- Do not reuse the blade after depilation;
- Avoid the use of creams or lotions for 3 days, after the depilation with wax;
- Do not use clothes that are too tight or tight;
- Use an exfoliating body, 2 times per week;
- Never try to remove the hair stuck with the fingernail, since this favors the proliferation of bacteria, creating a greater inflammation with a high probability of leaving dark marks on the body.
These care prevent hair encravem, however, the laser hair removal is a permanent solution, because it acts in place of the growth of the hair. Learn more in: laser Hair removal.
Exfoliation to prevent ingrown hairs
The exfoliation helps to clear and renew the skin, because it removes the most superficial layer of the skin, avoiding the appearance of ingrown hairs.
- 3 spoons (soup) of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 spoons (soup) of honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
Mix all the ingredients until obtaining a homogeneous mixture. Then, apply the mixture on the body and massage with circular movements. After the exfoliation, spend a moisturizer on the body.