Flaxseed is the seed of the plant linum usitatissimum containing inside flax or linseed oil, a substance which, by its high content of Omega 3, becomes moisturizing and restorative. Flax seed oil is fairly used for its medicinal properties to relieve constipation or lower cholesterol in the blood, however, in this article we will focus on explaining how to use linseed oil in your hair and get the most out of its cosmetic benefits.
When the hair is manhandled by external factors such as climate, the hair dryer, the tinctures or flat iron, usually dry, dehydrated, porous and rebel, but you can change all this for better using this product to moisturize the hair and restore lost vitality. Want to know how? Continue reading this article.
- Before explaining how to use linseed oil in your hair is necessary to know how it operates this natural liquid into the fibers. When the hair is dry and dehydrated, needs water and nutrition: this product is able to offer both. Is its high content in essential fatty oils and converts it into a substance so restorative and moisturizer such as olive oil, that’s considered one of the best vegetable oils for hair and skin care.
When it penetrates the hair, moisturizes deep into the interior of the fiber allowing to nourish and repair themselves. This effect increases the brightness of the hair, leaving it softer, hiding the ends open and making it easier to move.
- Flax oil can be found in stores of cosmetics, but should you not find, can be extracted from flaxseed. To do so, must buy the seeds at a health food store and play three tablespoons of seeds in a cup of boiling water. As the seeds go warming up, you will need to stir constantly for five minutes on slow fire to prevent them from sticking to each other.
Once you have passed the 5 minutes must strain to water to separate the seeds and let cool. When the water is cold, can start using to take advantage of its benefits on the hair.
- There are many ways to use linseed oil in your hair, but one of the most conventional is to apply it directly on your hair. Should apply in the hair after washing with shampoo and conditioner.
To prevent the scalp be oily, it is recommended that you apply the oil provided half of the hair to the ends and, if you want a more powerful effect, you can apply warm air from the dryer to the liquid penetrates better into the fibers. Have to leave the hair at least half an hour or, preferably, do not rinse until the next day.
- Flax seed oil is also used to form the hair, serving as an ideal assistant for curly hair, as it allows to define waves and fight the frizz. If you want to use flax oil to brush your hair, apply a generous amount of the means to the ends after washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner. Comb your hair with your hands and then give him the wavy shape you want. As your hair is dry, you will notice the effect.
- Mix the flaxseed oil with other essential oil is an excellent home remedy to moisturize the hair. You can make a mask for hair based on linseed oil, avocado and almond oil: mix two tablespoons of almond oil, half a cup of flaxseed oil and a quarter of an avocado. Mash and stir until pale green. Then apply to your hair, allow to stand for 20 minutes throwing hot air and then rinse as usual.
In our article how to make almond oil explained to you the way to develop this product.
- Another way to use this product is taking flaxseed oil capsules that help strengthen the fibers, will allow the agency to take advantage of all the properties of this natural liquid. These supplements can be found in natural food stores and, in general, on the packaging usually indicate the recommended dosage according to necessity. However, when the priority is that the hair to absorb better nutrients of this oil, the most recommended is you prefer apply directly in your hair to see best results.